Friday, February 26, 2010

Elephants and Assisted Living

Last month, I spent a day with Dtuum and some of her family who wanted to take me to a local elephant camp. Although not a fan of zoos and trained animals, I must admit I did have fun. Here are some photos we took.

In January, I learned about the opening Dok Kaew Gardens of a new Retirement/Assisted Living Facility, the first in Chiang Mai, for both Thais and Ex-Pats. Trudi and I decided to take a look one day and a car was sent for us to enjoy lunch and a tour. There is currently only one resident but we talked about ways to expand and get the word out and I expect before long there will be quite a waiting list. Spotlessly clean, well-managed, sunny and cheerful. My only concern was the extremely and unexpectedly boring food. Here are a few photos I took there.