Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Trekking in Nepal


Our fearless friend, Anne (of Portland, OR), has been roaming the mountains of Nepal. She took some great shots on her trek.



Message from Anne:

Beware, this is a big album. These photos are from a trek in the Langtang region north of Kathmandu. I was lucky to have a wonderful and very patient guide, Tendi Sherpa, who I met two years ago through Gary, my friend and neighbor in Portland [OR]. The first day we spent driving about six hours to the trailhead in Dunche, and then we trekked for eight days, returning to Sunderajal, about a 45-minute drive from my hotel in Kathmandu.


A few days later she wrote us:

I've decided to go on another trek starting tomorrow. Tendi and I are taking a bus to Pokhara, then on Friday flying to Jomsom, which is on the north end of the Annapurna region, trekking a short distance up to Muktinath which has a lot of interesting Tibetan buddhist culture, and then trekking back. Will be gone ten days, and then I have only about a day and a half before heading back to OR with one night's stop in BKK.