Friday, February 27, 2009

Hare Krisha Hare Rama

I mean no disrespect to these folks, but couldn't resist injecting some humor. I believe everyone is entitled to believe in whatever they want, as long it doesn't hurt others. I go to the local Hare Krishna Temple on Tuesday nights for a [free] chant and [free] meal. Here are a few photos I took at the temple.


"Dear family, these folks treat me really well. Have made a lot of new friends here. If I sign over everything I own, they promise to take care of me for the rest of my life. The boss guru is a nice guy. He wants to give me a new name, shave my head, give me a white robe, and send me to India. Will let you know what I decide to do. Jimmy"

Later. . .
Still negotiating with the guru. Don't have much hair left anyway, so shaving my head is no big deal. I'm ok with wearing a robe. However, I want the saffron one. He is offering white. Also, am asking guru to pay expenses for trip to India. Have never been there. Will go on a trial basis only. Guru is suggesting I collect money at the local airport to finance my trip. We have a few other things to iron out, before it's a done deal.